Monday, January 27, 2014

I Started At A Young Age..

            About nine years ago, I was going to a church seminar in Springield with my mom and grandma. My mom let me choose where to eat. I was in the mood for Chinese so I picked Mr. Yen's. That was, what I thought, probably the best Chinese restaurant in Springfield. The waitor sat us down and asked what we wanted to drink. I was wanting something a little fruity, so I asked for a fruit punch. A few minutes later, we received our drinks. I took a huge drink of my fruit punch, thinking it would be the same as all the other fruit punches I've tasted... YUCK!!! It's disgusting! I told my mom I didn't like it, but she assured me it's probably just how the chinese make it. So I kept drinking.
            I ordered another one and drank that one too. I had finally gotten to drink my last cup and felt a little sick. "Mom, this is not tasting right." She takes a sip of my fruit punch. I've never in my life seen her eyes get so big. THIS HAS ALCOHOL IN IT!!!!!!!! My grandma couldnt believe it. "Let me take a sip. Yep! Thats alcohol alright!" My mom yelled for the waitor! He explained that there shouldn't have been anything in my fruit punch. "Look at her! She's drunk!" I couldn't help but laugh at everything anybody was saying. He gave us our meal for free, and we were off to a church seminar. My mom was dreading it. Who would want to bring a drunk 9 year old to a church seminar anyway? We finally got there and took our seats.
           At the very beginning, they started off with a prayer. It was quiet; so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Then all of a sudden, you could hear me from the top balcony laughing my head off. Everyone was looking at me with a snarl. My mom quickly picked me up and took me to the lobby. We then left the seminar and drove home. So much for the church seminar!

No comments:

Post a Comment