Monday, May 12, 2014

Neon Jungle

     I can faintly hear Nashville calling my name back to where I truly belong; all the beautiful voices and instruments singing joyfully in the untamed streets. During the day, you can barely walk through the groups of people starving for a pinch of fame. A mixture of BO and beer crawl up your nose and camp out for the majority of the day. Wide-eyed tourists flock every store and restaurant until they have used up the last bit of daylight. Before you know it, night creeps over the sleepless city. Flashing neon lights begin to brighten up the dark streets; letting everyone know the party has just begun. Soon, different genres and instruments overwhelm your ears; making it hard to decide which one to listen to first.

     Walking from store to store, you realize there are none that have comparisons. Each store is unique; a work of art in Nashville's eyes. The different memories run through your mind as your finger-tips breeze through the different materials in the clothing stores; some good and others bad. The feel of a soft button-up shirt reminded me of my grandpa before he passed. How he would always pick me up and throw me over his shoulder with the biggest smile God had ever created; like he didn't have a care in the world or that he didn't have a single tumor in his body... Your stomach starts it's mating call; letting the helpless food know, "I'm coming for you." At that moment the question is popped. "Where should we eat?" If you have been asked that question while in Nashville, you know it's more stressful than picking out what boots and dress to wear for that evening.

     By that time the beer and bo had passed and all you could smell was the warm, tender steak being grilled two long blocks down, or the freshly made fudge sitting out as a quick little pick me up for the late night tourists. Sounds of fruity beverages being shaken or stirred for the restless and stressed. This city is the neon jungle. Everyday is a constant battle to try and make something out of yourself here. Some are victorious and others keep trying day after day. The reasoning why I'd rather be here is not just because of the food, music, attractions, or shopping. It brings be happiness and motivation. My grandpa had a passion for music as do I, but while watching a guitar player sit on the concrete and make something more than just music, motivation slaps me up side of the head. It reminds me my grandpa dreamed about me going and doing something big with my life; whether it be scrunching music in my daily life or music every single second of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment