Monday, May 12, 2014

As of right now, I would do anything to be back in Columbia right now; painting on my battle face as I get pumped to obnoxiously cheer on my sister and the girl's basketball team. While chanting and stomping my feet to make sure my presence was known.

Columbia has beauty of it's own. People politely greeting was you walk by downtown as they lick their dripping ice cream from the burning rays of the sun light.

A swift breeze hugs you with a delightful smell of steak. As you wonder closer you can feel your mouth begin to break out into tears as your nose smells the garlic potatoes. As you begin to walk across the street you feel a cool breeze coming from an ice cream store. The different smells lure you in like a worm does a bass.

Multiple antique and clothing stores surround you at the square. Just the touch of a cotton v-neck laying on the front table would make you want to curl up and sleep. The old antique couches sit there looking historic and modern, but quickly becomes unbearably hard and uncomfortable after you plop yourself into it.

A sound of a soft fiddle begins to play from around the corner. As you walk closer it begins to sing louder. The poor man and his sad fiddle play for paper which soon become a bag of convenient store chips. The song quickly becomes a story of his life without words. It started out so cheerful as if it reminded him of the days as a little boy. He then began to play sad song for he didn't really have a life after a child. Perhaps his family members had left or passed leaving him to defend for himself.

While awaiting your food at the famous downtown cafe, you immediately spot your thick, juicy cheeseburger. As it stares you, the burger begins to taunt you while waiting for the others food arrives. As the last plate is sat down, I quickly picked my burger and took the biggest bite known to man. Starving made the burger more delicious with its perfectly melted cheese and condiments.

While walking through downtown, wasting time til the big game, we had come across a couple of Mizzuo college frat boys. All dress the same with their plad khaki shorts and white quarter-sleeved button-up polos, they took eye to me. I'm pretty sure they could smell the awkwardness because they began to walk off, or it was because they knew they weren't as good looking as they thought they were. My friends and I had came upon a cute little graphic design store. The perfect t-shirt idea swarmed my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment