Monday, May 12, 2014

The First Move...

morose- the sadness that can touch your soul.
literally- the actual fact of reality.
epicosity- filled or coated entirely of.
begeezus- used to describe excitement or fright.
fail- unsuccessful.
butter-color.
knockered- complete, total, and uter
wonky- a bit off.
bubbles- surf bubbles between my toes.
furgo- my philosophy of life (do it myself).
cool beans- phrase to describe interest in one's story.
whatevs- whatever.
scrumdoodleyumpshis- yummy or delicious.
lovely- to describe something gross.
reese- the rare language that is used between a group of close friends.
shindig- a party.
yellow- used to say hello.
pooped- exhausted.
turnt up- phrase used to describe how overly pumped up or excited someone is.
honey bun- cute nickname for pet or person.
leggo- let's go.
er mer gersh- another way of saying oh my gosh.
rerax- how the Chinese say relax.
for realz- agreeing with another.
frolic- run

               I will always remember the day I made the first move on my crush. It feels like it was just yesterday. I guess you could say I was the wonky creeper that everyone knew in school; intently gazing at people from across the classroom and never looking away when awkward eye contact became overpowering. After staying up the night before, trying to decide how to ask my high school crush to the shindig, I came up with, nothing. How could you when you're busy picking out the perfect outfit for the next day? My friends gave their opinions and ideas, but could barely understand them from all the reese they were speaking. I quickly turned furgo after thinking about the sequence of events that would quickly follow from listening to them.

               The next morning I woke up 15 minutes late, which meant I was given only an hour and forty-five minutes left to get ready. That 15 minutes literally ruined my life. I scrambled frantically around the house to gather the items needed to mend my unruly appearance. For the majority of that morning I was occupied by tending to my bubbles. Realizing what time it was, I squawked, "ER MER GERSH!" I slipped my flip flops over my newly polish toes and frolicked out the door.

               By the time I arrived to school, I couldn't help but to feel pooped from trying to get ready in that amount of time. Suddenly, I spotted him. There I stood, about ten feet away from my scrumdoodleyumpshis crush. His pure epicosity shined brighter than a light being turned on to rudely awaken someone from a deep slumber. An overwhelming excitement slapped me upside the dome and I became turnt up. Everything was going to be perfect, or so I thought. I reached into my luggage bag of a purse and whipped out a mirror to make sure there were no bats in the cave. My excitement hastened out of my system as if it were being chased my mane. I had forgotten to fix my hair!

               There was only one word that could describe that creature upon my head; lovely. The feeling of morose drowned me in all of it's sorrow. What was I suppose to do? I stood there helplessly, but then I thought to myself, "Even though he's never really known of my existence or has the same feelings toward me, maybe he wouldn't care what my mop looked like, and he would fall in love with me anyway." I stirred up some confidence and shouted, "LEGGO" obnoxiously as if it were a battle cry.

               I fluffed my butter colored dress and walked towards him; accelerating after each step. Breaking his wolf pack wall around him, I came to a screeching halt. It occurred to me that I was observing his back, so to get his attention, I decided to play it cool and start off with saying, "Yellow." He turned around to find me, with hair comparing to Farrah Fawcett and Medusa; licking my braces with left over cuisine from last night while making my unibrow do the worm. It was probably the best talent I had acquired back then. "BEGEEZUS," he squealed, "What are you?" "I'm your honey bun," I proclaimed; laughing as if he didn't know already.

               His posy appeared to be covering their mouths while acquiring red faced and teary eyes. Ignoring them, I finally brought up the shindig. He told me that would never happen. I had a feeling that he was playing hard to get and was trying to hide his feelings from his friends, so I rapped my arms around him and whispered in his ear, "You don't have to pretend anymore."
With his face becoming lovelier by the second, he pealed me off of him and pushed me away. Feeling outraged, I started to stomp off with my nose held high; thinking to myself, “Whatevs!” Little did I know there was a random   You need tainted in here somewhere.
             



No comments:

Post a Comment